Requirements for Project 2
Below is a checklist if items that must be addressed for Project 2.
- A description of the sampling technique that was made. Any technique
may be used for this project, but you must explain how the data was
collected and the data must represent a sample and not a census. You
must conduct a comparison study either with two independent or two dependent
variables must be quantitative and subtractable. The sample sizes must
both be greater than 30.
- A list of the summary statistics and an interpretation of each. This
can be found in Statcato and your TI 83/84 Calculator and includes the mean, variance, Standard
Deviation, and several other statistics. Emphasize the statistics for
the difference if you are conducting a paired study. Make sure you interpret these
in the context of the survey rather than just list the definitions.
Pay special attention to the standard error, as it is the newly learned
statistic for this project.
- A confidence interval for the difference and its interpretations. Be sure
to give the reason for choosing the confidence level and what it means. This should be a
highlight of your project, so elaborate on it fully.
- A hypothesis test for the difference and its interpretations. Be sure to state the null
and alternative hypothesis and the motivation for the alternative
hypothesis. Also include the repercussions of a Type 1 and a Type 2
Error, the reasons for the level of significance and its interpretations,
and the P-Value and its interpretations. This should be a highlight of your paper, so be sure to
- Assumptions that are made.
- A discussion of why your topic and results are important.
- A discussion of how further studies could be done in order to delve deeper
into the topic. Discuss how the P-Value may indicate that a more
thorough study would or would not be warranted.
Click here for a video explanation of
Statcato for Project 2
Grading will be based on completeness, mathematical accuracy, proper use of
statistical terminology, and your ability to communicate the results. All statistics must be computer generated. The paper should be
typed, double spaced, and have 12 point font. The Writing Center is an excellent source to get
assistance on your writing and the MSC is a great place to go for statistics
Rubric for the Project Grades